Swifts club secretary gives an insight into the club
1. What is your name?
2. Do you have any nicknames?
It seems to be ‘Dainesy’ – which I hate!
3. How old are you?
4. What is your job or school?
I ‘retired’ in December 2016 after working for Barclays for 37-and-a-half years.
5. What is your Twitter name?
6. When did you start supporting Swifts?
My dad took me first when I was five but I have regularly been watching since 1984.
7. Why did you start supporting Swifts?
They are my local team, from when I lived in Heybridge.
8. Who is your favourite player from the current squad?
9. Who is your favourite Swifts player of all time?
10. What is the best Swifts game you’ve ever seen?
Either: February 12, 2000 – Heybridge Swifts 5 Dagenham & Redbridge 4. It was a league game and we were 3-2 down at half-time.
Or October 25, 1994 – Heybridge Swifts 3 Nuneaton Borough 2. It was an FA Cup fourth qualifying round replay and Mitchell Springett scored the winner in last minute in front of a crowd of 915.
11. Which rival team do you enjoy beating most?
Maldon & Tiptree.
12. Do you support any other teams – if so, who?
13. Where do you stand to watch games at Scraley Road?
No particular spot.
14. What is your preferred half-time snack or beverage?
Nothing (I’m too busy!).
15. What is your favourite Swifts terrace song?
“If I had the Wings of a Sparrow”/ “When I was just a little boy”.
16. What is the best non league away ground you’ve ever visited?
Woking’s Kingfield Stadium.
17. Who is an unsung hero at Swifts?
18. What player would you like Swifts to sign?
19. Where do you think Swifts will finish in the table?
20. What is your score prediction for the game against Potters Bar Town on Saturday?
3-1 to Swifts.